- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
-Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is
another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
Here is my list this year:
- For everyone to have a safe and happy holiday
- If you feel so inspired, covers for any of my fics, the most recent ones can be found here on AO3
- Postcards! Kitchy ones from anywhere, really, but if you live outside the United States ... that would be epic!
- A corset ... I really really really want one ... handmade is the ultimate wish but ...
- Phone wallpapers of my favorite boys ... I'm deeply deeply into Suits and Teen Wolf right now, so ... :D
- Anything from my Amazon.com wishlist
- A donation to the National MS Society ... it doesn't have to be big, everything helps ... My mom passed away from complications of MS almost sixteen years ago, and they have yet to find a definite cure ... they're able to slow the progression, but there is no cure
- Random Acts of Kindness ... do something nice for someone in your community ... Spread the Love
- If you see a fic/manip/vid that you like, comment ... even if it's just to say 'I liked it!' ...
- An end to fandom wank of all kinds ... (it's asking a lot, I know)
My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
I live in Huntington Beach, California in the USA :)